Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
Sign on Bonus for Specific Positions!
Come Join the Journey!
What you will be doing!
You will draw upon their experience to aid in the analysis of space system components, such as circuit boards or electronic components, using a mix of customer proprietary and commercial tools. Collaboration and a forward-thinking approach are important to ensure we remain the supplier of choice for our customers. You will also be the face of Quest Defense to your customers. Through listening to customer challenges, and building on your previous experiences, you will find creative approaches that will solve their most difficult engineering problems.
Some of the Must Haves of the Role!
- Use computational tools to perform thermal analysis for space system components (circuit boards and electronics)
- Must have Electronic Thermal Analysis
- Geometry and mesh preparation of controller boards using ANSYS Workbench
- Model setup and analysis
- Post-process and prepare high-quality presentations of results
- Document all work according to customer requirements, usually in the form of technical memorandums
- Prepare and present reports on findings on formal technical reviews
- Provide Testing support through validation of hardware, thermal models, etc.
- Patran/P-Thermal analysis experience
- 6 to 8 years of thermal analysis experience, space system experience is a plus
- B.S. in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering
Training, and Experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work under time constraints, maintain composure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Experience with ANSYS Workbench performing steady and transient heat transfer analyses
- Experience with CAD packages (CREO, Catia, NX, Solidworks) is a plus
- Proficiency with MS Office, particularly MS Excel required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Like to work in a fast paced, creative environment
- Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences
- Must be a US Citizen due to the nature of the work
- Must have an active DoD Secret clearance (or higher) that is in-scope (granted or renewed within the last 5 years)
- Must be able to attain and maintain Special Program Access (PAR/SAP), prior to the commencement of employment
- Position is 100% onsite at customer location
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor involvement.
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9AM to 4PM
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.#cj
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.