Home » Careers » Current Opportunities » Support Equipment Tool Designer-Secret Clearance
Support Equipment Tool Designer-Secret Clearance
Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
What you will be doing:
- Read and interpret conceptual designs, drawings, blueprints, engineering orders, sketches, tool orders, manuals, charts and graphs to layout and draw tool designs utilizing drafting techniques including computer based design or drafting systems.
- Perform mathematical calculations using shop math, including geometric and trigonometric formulas to compute and locate dimensions, angles, contours, convex and concave surfaces, reference lines, center points and machining guidelines.
- Design a variety of production, engineering and developmental tools to be used in machining, fabrication, and processing applying a knowledge of the working properties and machining characteristics of various metals, plastics, ceramics and composite materials.
- Coordinate tool requisition, design concepts, changes, modifications and requirements with Tool Engineers as required.
- Assist shop personnel in understanding the tool design drawing as required.
- Record manufacturing data and statistics manually or with the use of a computer or computer based systems.
Requires a technical degree (i.e. BS or AS) and/or commensurate years of experience in a technical discipline required plus 3 years’ minimum NX experience.
- Proficient in the use of Computer-Aided Design (CAD), and modeling skills using NX
- Read and interpret information from engineering documents, sketches, drawings, blueprints, engineering models, conceptual designs and verbal discussions.
- Prior knowledge and a minimum of 3 years of experience interpreting and applying Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerance (GD&T) to support tool fixture design and fabrication process.
- Apply machining theory, best practice, mechanical systems, welding and assembly to design tooling in support of turbomachinery repair and manufacturing.
- Complete understanding of product tolerance stack ups and datum structures and how these apply to designing appropriate tooling fixtures.
- Must have excellent math skills, specifically shop math (i.e. Trigonometry).
- Must exhibit behaviors that reflect our Safety Values and understands factory process safety rules and requirements.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work under time constraints, maintain composure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
Ability to interact with employees/managers at all levels with strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
Like to work in a fast paced, creative environment
Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
- Bachelors in Mechanical Engineering Technology or BSME
Ability to effectively contribute to and perform within a team while possessing the capability to work independently with minimal supervision
Ability to review, interpret and upgrade heritage/legacy tooling designs to modern standards, applications and practices.
Ability to discuss, comprehend and adhere to established or agreed-to budgets for the design of tooling (models and drawings).
Requires U.S. Citizenship, DOD clearance
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.