Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
Looking for your chance to join a growing and engaged engineering team in the aerospace field? Have you been waiting for a chance to apply your engineering know-how to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems? QUEST Defense is looking for an experienced candidate to join our engineering team in order to continue our growth and to enhance our service offerings. If you like seeking out complex challenges to solve, and using the latest techniques to design new game-changing products, come and be a part of our team.
What you will be doing:
The successful candidate will draw upon their experience to aid in the design and analysis of gas turbine engine components. Collaboration and a forward thinking approach are important to ensure we remain the supplier of choice for our customers. You will also be the face of QuEST to your customers. Through listening to customer challenges, and building on your previous experiences, you will find creative approaches that will solve their most difficult engineering problems.
The essential description of the role is working with a major gas turbine OEM new development engine and owning the design and structural analysis of components (various components available)
- Capture system requirements from the customer and incorporate into the component design
- Support technical substantiation
- Contribute and present in technical and program reviews
- Develop components and modules keeping cost, performance, life, and system requirements in mind
- Design and Analysis of the component using CAE tools (NX, ANSYS Classic, ANSYS workbench)
- Direct interface with other internal/external engineering areas Apply technical principles, theories, and concepts to solve a wide range of challenging engineering problems. Evaluate fit, form, function and life of the components relative to the certified configuration.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive and employee will also perform other tasks as assigned.
We’re excited to talk to you if your qualifications meet the following criteria:
- 4-10 years of experience in the mechanical design engineering of gas turbine components Expertise with a particular gas turbine commodity preferred (Structures, Combustors, Airfoils, Rotating Parts, etc) Manufacturing requirements Strength, fatigue, and durability properties Installation and aircraft operation Aircraft certification requirements Materials, processes, and part standards Production capabilities and limitations MRB Procedures (highly preferred)
- Minimum BS/B.Tech in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering from an accredited university
- Experience with NX Experience with ANSYS (Classic or workbench) Ability to easily interpret technical drawings with understanding of GD&T Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work under time constraints, maintain composure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact with employees/managers at all levels with strong oral and written communication skills
- Project Management experience is desired, but not required Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment Like to work in a fast paced, creative environment Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
US Citizen Active Secret Clearance, or Secret Clearance within the last 2 years preferred
Cincinnati, Ohio Travel: Less than 10% Compensation type: Competitive wages. Position also qualifies for benefits including medical insurance, dental insurance, disability, life insurance, 401(K), and paid time off. Reports to: Team Leader
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.