Home » Careers » Current Opportunities » Sr Mechanical Analysis Engineer
Sr Mechanical Analysis Engineer
Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
Potential Job Functions
• Use computational tools to perform FEA analysis for gas turbine components and turbomachinery
• Mentoring less experienced engineers
• Geometry and mesh preparation
• Model setup and analysis
• Post-process and prepare high-quality presentations of results
• Document all work according to customer requirements
• Prepare and present reports on findings
We’re excited to talk to you if your qualifications meet the following criteria:
• 3-6 years of turbine gas-path design or FEA analysis experience in the gas turbine industry
• BS in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work under time constraints, maintain composure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Experience with ANSYS Classic and Workbench strongly preferred
• Experience with part ownership and design cycle preferred
• Experience with stress, life estimation, creep, and vibration FEA analysis techniques required
• Proficiency with MS Office, particularly MS Excel required
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
• Like to work in a fast paced, creative environment
• Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
• US Citizen
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.