Home » Careers » Current Opportunities » Senior Structures Engineer-Secret Clearance
Senior Structures Engineer-Secret Clearance
Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
This is a Fulltime Regular Position
What you will be doing:
The Flight System Structures Engineer will be responsible for validating design solutions pertaining to our integrated flight vehicle and hardware alternatives during highly detailed trade studies in the Strategic Missiles Business Line. The position requires expertise in the application and use of stress, buckling and vibration theory using MSC and Ansys mechanical-structural computer codes, knowledge of materials behavior, and the ability to transform the predicted results into actionable design improvements for structural design efficiency. The analysis techniques used, as well as the compiled results, will be summarized in detailed design analysis reports and presentations.
• Mechanical Engineer, minimum of 6 years’ experience
• Candidate will be member of a team responsible for the development and design integration of mechanical systems primarily for military and aerospace applications.
• Analytical skills to validate design solutions, proficiency with Ansys Mechanical, MSC Nastran Finite Element Analysis necessary
• Demonstrated analysis skills in dynamic thermal stress response analysis, and plate and shell buckling
• Experience in weld stress analysis and margin calculations to welding standards
• Demonstrated analysis skills in random vibration, shock response spectrum analyses, and spectra generation from dynamic testing
• Experience modeling kinematic solutions with MSC Adams Dynamic Modeling.
• Ability to analyze and modify multi-material integration approaches for severe thermal structural stress conditions with detailed layered FEA models using isotropic through anisotropic material behavior and a variety of boundary conditions.
• Experience creating test plans to verify analytic approaches.
• Experience with checking computer solutions with theoretical textbook bounding solutions.
• Experience in bolted joint design and analysis.
• Proficiency in writing skills and with aptitude for both technical and proposal styles.
• Strong verbal communication skills are important.
• Security clearance is required at Secret Level.
Education Requirements: MS in Mechanical Engineering preferred or Higher#cj
6-12 years experience
Can be located in Hunt Valley, MD
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
• Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor involvement.
• Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
• Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
• Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
• Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9AM to 4PM
• Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.