Home » Careers » Current Opportunities » Project Manager –New Programs
Project Manager –New Programs
Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
What you will be doing:
The Project Manager (PM) is a key member of the Engineering Program Management Office (PMO) responsible for driving improved on time delivery (OTD) with agreed cost and scope for engineering projects. The PM is a vital contributor to engineering project performance and execution. Leads projects from requirements definition through deployment by developing and maintaining project charter, schedules, plans, budgets, resources, and risks. Provides project updates on a consistent basis to various stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, and progress in terms of performance to meet business objectives and project KPIs. Manages cross-functional relationships including Finance, Human Resources, Commercial, Manufacturing Programs, Assembly & Test and other engineering project leaders to help drive project results and proactive problem-solving.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Implement the PMO standard project management process & tool and provide feedback.
- Project Initiation: Develop team rosters and cadence regarding planning and execution. Ensure charter and requirements are documented and understood.
- Project Planning: Help core team develop Work Breakdown Structure (WBS). Conduct integrated baseline review for project plan by helping estimate duration, sequence activities, and develop schedule with clear critical/driving paths to key milestones. Establish regular rhythm for updating project plan.
- Project Execution: Develop optimized cadence with a cross-functional team for improving execution to the plan including daily standups, problem solving, action planning, and risk management.
- Project Monitor & Control: Have a deep understanding of the project key performance indictors (KPIs) and what is driving them. Analyze triple constraints (Scope, Resources, Time) and give recommendations based on constraints.
- Project Close Out: Ensure all data and documents for project are closed out properly and stored in proper location for future needs. Document lessons learned and share with PMO and project team.
- Ensure project has a proper resource plan and quickly escalate any resource constraints. Track & forecast costs and how they are trending compared to project budget.
What we need:
- Minimum of 8 years of experience with Program and Project Management.
- Experience leading teams on Aerospace, Commercial Engine and/or Military, Engineering, New Product Introduction (NPI) projects
- Experience developing project plans
- Experience with Smartsheet and/or Microsoft Project or Primavera schedule software
- Experience leading cross functional teams or projects with moderate resource requirements, risk, and/or complexity.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Able to offer innovative solutions to problems outside of set parameters and provide recommendations.
- Experience using Artificial Intelligence (AI) related to Project Management and/or Scheduling Activities
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor involvement.
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9AM to 4PM
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen or US Person
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.