Home » Careers » Current Opportunities » Project Engineer -Managing Project Scheduling- Secret Clearance
Project Engineer -Managing Project Scheduling- Secret Clearance
Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Management of project scheduling in Excel or MS Project (or similar)
- Creation of a catalog of the documents in a searchable file (Excel, Access, or other); update files to a common nomenclature (as required)
- Review documents for completeness of content, accuracy of structure and consistency to standards (architecture, etc.)
- Document clean-up: technical writing to fix errors, add content to fill gaps, edit to improve consistency, incorporate mark ups and update to new format
- Coordinate with Subject Matter Experts to fix technical shortfalls and add content where needed
- Coordinate approval and sign offs of design and review documentation, upload into appropriate systems
- Gather engineering technical data to develop Review presentations, including
- Problem statement / reason for change, solution options and drawings / documents to be changed
- Support Review meetings, including
- Scheduling meetings, support presentation, and assist in closure of Action Items
- Maintain traceability in Product Data Management system
- Assist in development of change implementation schedule, including
- Tasks, milestones, delivery dates and lead times
- Manage change implementation
- Coordinate with project stakeholders to assess cost and schedule of projects against plan
- Develop weekly status reports including
- Current status, setting priorities, addressing issues, calculating performance against schedule and budget
The successful candidate is detail oriented and highly collaborative. There will be a significant amount of interaction with the customer’s teams. Listening to the customer’s issues and offering proactive solutions is critical to building a strong relationship with this new customer.
We’re excited to talk to you if:
- You hold a minimum AS degree
- 2-4 years relevant experience
- Have excellent computer skills. You may be working in the following programs:
- MS Project
- Work well in a team oriented, collaborative environment.
- Are meticulously detail oriented.
- Want to build something that will last long after we have moved on beyond our working years.
- Like to work in a fast paced, creative environment without a lot of management oversight.
- You are independent and forward facing.
- Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
- Existing (or last investigation within last 5 years) DoD Secret/Collateral clearance required
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor involvement.
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9AM to 4PM
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.