Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
Roles & Responsibilities:
The role will require you to leverage your engineering and leadership backgrounds to develop Quest Defense’s analysis engineers while they work on a series of diverse and technically challenging assignments
- Mentor a team of mixed capability engineers in the fields of structural analysis and mechanical design by proactively engaging team members and developing processes, tools and best practices
- Define capability development requirements (including IDP, Individual Development Plans) for the team and implement and track improvement initiatives
- Train new members in commercial and customer proprietary tools, such as ANSYS APDL/Workbench
- Help prepare team members for and participate in customer technical reviews
- Assist and encourage team members to update process and automate tasks to improve productivity for daily work
- Performing engineering design, analysis, tolerance stacks, limits determination, and repair development
- Promote consistent organizational culture of teamwork, accountability, change championship, and customer focus
- Assist in cultivating university relationships and partnerships for research opportunities and talent identification
- Contribute to industry literature through publication of conference, journal, or Quest Defense white papers and attend technical conferences
- Conduct technical reviews of ongoing projects to ensure our high standards of quality are met
- Seek out new problems to solve with our customers
- Work as part of a cohesive analysis and design engineering team
- MS or PhD in Mechanical / Aerospace Engineering
- 15-25 years of experience, preferably in the turbomachinery industry
- Strong theoretical background in Mechanical Design and Structural Analysis
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Willingness to obtain a DoD Secret clearance
- Existing DoD Secret clearance or above is strongly preferred
- Experience in scripting/programming (e.g., FORTRAN, C/C++, Perl, Matlab, Python)
- Experience with Linux systems and high performance computing is a plus
- History of technical publication
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor involvement.
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9AM to 4PM
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.