Home » Careers » Current Opportunities » Mechanical Engineer-Secret Clearance
Mechanical Engineer-Secret Clearance
Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
This is a Fulltime Regular Position
What you will be doing:
Full time Mechanical Engineer with experience in mechanical design focused on Reentry Vehicle Systems for military applications. The candidate should have experience serving as a project lead and mentoring others and should have strong communications and presentation skills and be comfortable interacting with senior management and customer representatives. Should also have experience integrating design topologies driven by Multiphysics performance dependencies in the aerodynamic, thermodynamic, structural dynamic, electrical systems, material science and design optimization for mechanical assemblies subjected to severe environments. This position requires that the candidate be a US citizen with or capable of receiving a secret level security clearance.
- The candidate should be comfortable as a lead designer of mechanical systems subjected to extreme hypersonic flight conditions for multiphysics influenced design assemblies with complex materials and components. The activities include packaging design of electronics systems and interconnects, the development of interface control documents, and understanding of designing for manufacturing and assembly techniques. The candidate should be well versed in CAD design utilizing 3D digital product development tools and understand geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) per ASME Y14.5.
- Experience designing high temperature parts, allowing for thermal strain in tightly tolerance pressurized parts and familiar with various material types.
- Skilled utilization of 3D digital product development for CAD product and manufacturing information control (preferably Siemens solutions), dimensioning and tolerancing, detailed assemblies and material schedules, configuration management, presentation dynamic modeling to develop meaningful and required design documentation.
- Demonstrated Design for Manufacturing and Assembly (DFMA) skills a plus.
- Proficiency required in Siemen’s Mechanical Design Manufacturing and Product Lifecycle Management Digital Integration Model (NX, Teamcenter) including product specification development, surface finish and material specification via PMP written design detailed documentation, presentation, and proposal preparation.
- Proficiency with any of the following tools is a plus:
- Structural FEA
- ADAMS Dynamic Modeling
- Zemax Optical Analysis Tool
BS or MS in Mechanical Engineering.
6-8 years experience
Can also be in Hunt Valley, MD#cj
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.