Home » Careers » Current Opportunities » Mechanical Designer and Drafter-Secret Clearance
Mechanical Designer and Drafter-Secret Clearance
Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
What you will be doing:
- Heavy usage of NX and Teamcenter software
- Changes hardware model geometry based on design engineer input
- Maintains configuration control on model revisions
- Creates/issues drawings
Potential Job Functions
- Ownership of engine modules and control structures, collaborate with other designers to meet all design & interface requirements.
- Lead the projects with support of designers, drafters, and deliver consistently on design tollgates for Aero-engine/ Gas Turbine components, modules and assemblies on modeling scope.
- Work with engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain partners to determine dimensional constraints and geometric tolerances required for proper clearances and fits while maximizing manufacturing producibility, maintainability, reliability, and durability.
- Ensure all interfaces between components & assemblies are established and agreed upon by engineering teams of mating parts and engine systems.
- Experience in working with assembly models in Vismockup tool, position & save models to the Digital Engine then maintain and support up to date digital engine builds.
- Capable of performing and completing complex design models, free form & parametric modeling and checking complex drawings.
- Expert understanding of geometric dimensioning and tolerancing (GD&T) as it relates to individual parts and overall assemblies (ANSI Y14.5).
- Spearhead product definition engineering initiatives to improve quality & speed, and develop checklists & review mechanisms for delivery excellence.
- Working knowledge of computer aided design (CAD), computer aided manufacturing (CAM), manufacturing processes, and in Siemens NX & Teamcenter environment.
- Manage complete project work scopes within budgets and schedules, deliver quality while reporting sufficient project status updates for project management mechanisms.
- Work within the guidelines of applicable Policies & Procedures, Engineering Standards, Specifications, and compliance procedures.
- Manage consistent operational excellence on the assigned programs (i.e. metrics, partner interaction, OTD, FTY, Cost and responsiveness).
- Document technical data generated by the assigned project consistent with engineering policies and procedures.
- Lead initiatives supporting evaluation and improvement of processes, tools, and methodologies & ensure best practices are used throughout the company.
We’re excited to talk to you if your qualifications meet the following criteria:
- BS or associates degree (Mechanical/ Aerospace) from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with a minimum of 10+ years of 3D modeling experience)
- Minimum 3 years of 3D modeling experience on Aero-engines/Gas turbines components
- 3+ Years of experience in Siemens NX / Teamcenter environment
- Ability to easily interpret technical drawings with understanding of GD&T.
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work under time constraints, maintain composure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact with employees/managers at all levels with strong oral and written communication skills
- Project Management experience is desired, but not required
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Like to work in a fast paced, creative environment
- Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
- Active Secret Clearance or secret clearance active within the last 5 years required
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor involvement.
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9AM to 4PM
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.