Home » Careers » Current Opportunities » Mechanical Design Engineer-Secret Clearance
Mechanical Design Engineer-Secret Clearance
Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
Potential Job Functions:
At the heart of this role for Mechanical Design Engineer lies a unique opportunity to collaborate closely with a leading gas turbine Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM), driving innovation in the realm of new development engines. Your pivotal responsibilities encompass:
- Design and Structural Analysis Ownership: Assume a key role in owning the mechanical design with some structural analysis of a diverse array of components, ensuring their integrity and performance.
- System Requirement Integration: Skillfully capture system requirements and engineering standards from our discerning customers and seamlessly integrate them into the component design process.
- Technical Substantiation Support: Provide essential support in the realm of technical substantiation, underpinning design decisions with data-driven validation, hand calculations, and some FEA analysis.
- Technical and Program Contributions: Actively contribute to technical and program reviews, bringing your expertise to the forefront and presenting your insights effectively.
- Holistic Component Development: Lead the development of components and modules, harmonizing considerations of cost, performance, service life, and system requirements for optimal outcomes.
- CAD CAE PLM Tool Utilization: Employ cutting-edge Computer-Aided Design (CAD) tools such as Siemens NX, PLM tools like Teamcenter, and some knowledge of ANSYS Classic, ANSYS Workbench and Siemens Simcenter for meticulous component design and some analysis.
- Seamless Interdisciplinary Collaboration: Foster direct collaboration with internal and external engineering teams, ensuring a smooth exchange of insights and expertise.
- Engineering Problem Solving: Leverage your deep understanding of technical principles, theories, and concepts to address an array of complex engineering challenges.
- Comprehensive Evaluation: Diligently assess the suitability of components in terms of fit, form, function, and durability, aligning them with certified configurations.
Please note that this position description is not exhaustive, and you may be entrusted with additional tasks as required to drive our dynamic initiatives forward.
We are eager to engage with candidates who meet the following qualifications:
- Mechanical Design Expertise: Possess 1-4 years of hands-on experience in the mechanical design engineering of gas turbine components.
- Specialized Knowledge: Exhibit expertise in areas such as hot structures, turbine frames, combustors, exhausts, or compressor cases, and be well-versed in aspects including design and manufacturing requirements, strength, fatigue, durability properties, installation, aircraft operation, aircraft certification requirements, materials, processes, part standards, production capabilities, limitations, and MRB (Material Review Board) procedures.
- Educational Foundation: Hold at least a Bachelor of Science or Bachelor of Technology degree in Mechanical or Aerospace engineering from a recognized and accredited university.
- CAD/PLM/CAE/ Tool Proficiency: Demonstrate proficiency in utilizing Siemens NX for mechanical design, Teamcenter for product life cycle management and some ANSYS (Classic or Workbench) or Siemens Simcenter for some engineering analysis.
- Technical Drawing Interpretation: Possess the ability to interpret technical drawings with a sound understanding of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing).
- Deadline-Oriented: Showcase your track record of meeting deadlines, thriving under time constraints, and maintaining composure while handling multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Strong Communication Skills: Display strong oral and written communication skills, enabling effective interaction with employees and managers across all organizational levels.
- Team Player: Exhibit strong interpersonal skills and an innate ability to work collaboratively within a team environment.
- Adaptability and Enthusiasm: Thrive in a fast-paced, creative work environment, bringing a positive attitude and a genuine enjoyment of working in dynamic teams with diverse experiences.
- Citizenship Requirement: Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be U.S. Citizens.
- Security Clearance: Due to the nature of the work, candidates must possess or be willing to obtain a DoD Secret/Collateral clearance.
- Transportation: Capability to use personal transportation to work at customer locations.
- Workweek: Typically follows a 40-hour workweek, with core (required) hours from 9 AM to 4 PM on site
- Travel: Occasional business travel to customer sites may be required.
This role offers a unique blend of technical depth, collaborative innovation, and dynamic team engagement, where your expertise will play a crucial role in shaping the future of gas turbine technology.
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.