Home » Careers » Current Opportunities » Mechanical Design and Drafter
Mechanical Design and Drafter
Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
We are seeking a Drafter / Illustration Engineer who will modify / create new models as needed, create PMI model & views, and technical instructions to better support shop floor assembly process. You will typically operate as part of a development project team, exercising autonomy as a unified group to meet the needs of our customers and achieve business goals.
- Create or download models from the standard domain libraries
- Create data connector sheet by adding all special instructions and operation instructions
- Authoring the new views as per the requirement
- Import data connectors and generate final outputs
- Publish the data to portal
- Present the progress to customers
- Work within budgetary and schedule constraints
- Certification of SolidWorks / Drafting experience and knowledge
- S. in Mechanical Engineering or Aerospace Engineering is a plus
- Well versed with the following systems & software:
- CAD tools: SolidWorks (strong knowledge)
- Product Lifecycle Management: Teamcenter, MES
- Good understanding of Manufacturing & Production systems
- Experienced in reading assembly drawings, build instructions, specifications & standards.
- Experienced in SolidWorks and demonstrated capability in technical illustrations
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to quickly adapt as circumstances change
- Ability to efficiently prioritize competing tasks and opportunities
- Motivation to work in a fast paced, creative environment
- Appreciation for people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
- US Citizenship required
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- Oklahoma City, OK. On Site
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Heavily regulated industries with strict adherence to procedures.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9AM to 4PM
- Due to the nature of the work, all candidates must be a U.S. Citizen.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.