Home » Careers » Current Opportunities » Mechanical CAD Modeler/Drafter – 3D PDF
Mechanical CAD Modeler/Drafter – 3D PDF
Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
This role can be remote but Local to DALLAS/FT WORTH due to travel to Dallas for first week and every other month for 1-2 days.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- The successful candidate will be responsible for cleaning up 3D PDF files using the 3D Experience tool (3DX). This role will involve translating and refining existing CAD models and drawings/views to ensure accuracy and compliance with project specifications.
- Interpret technical drawings and specifications to accurately model aerospace components and assemblies.
- Collaborate with engineers and designers to understand project requirements and make necessary adjustments to CAD models.
- Ensure that all CAD models meet quality standards and regulatory requirements.
- Creation of detailed documentation and reports related to CAD modeling and drafting activities.
- Participate in and create documentation for design reviews and provide input for continuous improvement of CAD processes and workflows.
- Create standard work and quality checklists for the 3D PDF model cleanup process
- Support efforts to automate this process
- 2+ years of experience in the aerospace industry, defense/military aircraft specific experience preferred
- 4 year degree, prefer mechanical engineering or computer engineering OR 8+ years equivalent experience
- 3+ years experience with Aerospace drafting and modeling
- Experience using 3D Experience strongly preferred. Catia or Solidworks as a must have.
- Knowledge of GD&T (Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing) is a plus.
- Strong understanding of aerospace design principles and industry standards.
- Demonstrated ability to work within assigned hours for a task, prioritize tasks, and communicate effectively when risks or issues arise
- Strong communication and collaboration skills, with the ability to work effectively in a team environment, primarily virtually.
- Like to work in a fast paced, creative environment
- Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor involvement.
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
- Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9AM to 4PM
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
- Travel expected up to 15% for remote candidates
- US Citizen is required due to nature of work
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.