Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
Come Join the Journey!
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Manage and develop a team of engineers with a wide range of experience and expertise in a wide range of areas including but not limited to: mechanical design and analysis, heat transfer and CFD analysis, non-conformance disposition and analysis
- Resource planning, goal setting, coaching, day-to-day management
- Build and foster existing and future relationships with customer counterparts to help expand opportunities and contribute to business development
- Help guide and mentor engineers with the help of industry recognized experts
- Follow all Quest policies and procedures to ensure proper employee performance and development (metrics, performance reviews, training plans, etc.)
- Project financial tracking and status reporting
- Project schedule adherence and delivery excellence
- Project invoicing (monthly)
- Support recruitment initiatives such as interviews and onboarding
- Support project planning of new and existing tasks (cost, schedule, and scope)
- Proposal preparation, risk assessments
- Develop internal processes and procedures based on best practices and lessons learned, where applicable
- Collaborate with resource managers internally and externally to staff projects
- Communicate both orally and in writing to internal and external customers; strong verbal, written and presentation skills are necessary
- Interact with internal and external customers, stakeholders, and team members
- Weekly status reports, SOW Discussions, Scope Revisions
- 5+ years of experience in the aerospace industry
- BS/B.Tech in Mechanical/Aero/Civil engineering, related technical field, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work under time constraints, maintain composure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Ability to interact with employees/managers at all levels with strong oral and written communication skills
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
- Like to work in a fast paced, creative environment
- Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
- Due to nature of work a US Citizen is required, must be willing to get/obtain a DoD secret clearance
- Personnel management experience is preferred
- Project Management experience is preferred
- Experience with ANSYS Analysis products is desired
- Experience with CAD tools, design and manufacturing processes is desired
- Familiarity with Aero Engines is desired
- Experience with data analytics, quality practices and root cause analysis desired
- Existing active DoD secret clearance
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
- Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor involvement
- Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work
- Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures
- Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early
- Typical 8-hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9AM to 4PM
- Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.