Home » Careers » Current Opportunities » Drafting Product Definition Engineer-Secret Clearance
Drafting Product Definition Engineer-Secret Clearance
Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
Step into the thrilling world of aerospace engineering, where innovation knows no bounds. Join us in the pursuit of excellence as we redefine the future of flight through meticulous craftsmanship and cutting-edge design.
In this role, you’ll become the architect of tomorrow’s jet engines, crafting every detail with precision and artistry. Picture yourself creating 2D cross sections, 3D reusable models, and Model-Based Definition (MBD) in a seamlessly connected model environment. Your work will extend to tolerance stack-ups, facilitating co-authoring of design changes, and mastering various electronic data formats that underpin every stage of engineering, analysis, manufacturing, assembly, tooling, quality, and inspection.
You’ll breathe life into entirely new design models for Gas Turbine components, such as airfoils, blades, vanes, nozzles, shrouds, structures, and cases. Each design you conceptualize will be a testament to your innovation and vision.
As the custodian of engine modules and control structures, your work will be a symphony of collaboration. You’ll partner with fellow designers to meet the most stringent design and interface requirements. Leading projects will be your forte, supported by a team of designers and drafters. Your commitment to delivering on design tollgates for aero-engine and gas turbine components, modules, and assemblies will be unwavering.
Your influence will extend beyond design, as you collaborate with engineering, manufacturing, and supply chain experts to define dimensional constraints and geometric tolerances. The aim: perfect clearances and fits while optimizing manufacturing productibility, maintainability, reliability, and durability.
In your quest for excellence, you’ll be the bridge builder, ensuring seamless interfaces between components and assemblies. Your expertise will be the cornerstone of engineering consensus.
You’ll harness your experience with assembly models, skillfully positioning and saving models in the Digital Engine, and providing unwavering support for up-to-date digital engine builds. Complexity will be your playground, where free-form and parametric modeling, as well as intricate drawing checks, will be executed with finesse.
With your expert grasp of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T), you’ll shape the blueprint of perfection for individual parts and overall assemblies. You’ll be the vanguard of product definition engineering initiatives, driving improvements in quality, speed, and precision. Your checklists and review mechanisms will set new standards for delivery excellence.
You’ll navigate the world of computer-aided design (CAD), with knowledge of computer-aided manufacturing (CAM), and manufacturing processes, seamlessly working in Siemens NX and Teamcenter environments. Your project management prowess will ensure that work scopes remain within budget and schedule, all while delivering uncompromising quality. Regular project status updates will keep our mechanisms well-informed.
In this dynamic environment, you’ll uphold the highest standards, working within the framework of applicable Policies & Procedures, Engineering Standards, Specifications, and compliance procedures. Operational excellence will be your mantra, ensuring that metrics, partner interactions, on-time delivery, first-time yield, cost-effectiveness, and responsiveness consistently meet or exceed expectations.
Your work won’t go undocumented. You’ll meticulously document the technical data generated by your projects, in adherence to engineering policies and procedures.
As a leader in your field, you’ll spearhead initiatives aimed at evaluating and enhancing processes, tools, and methodologies, guaranteeing that best practices permeate every facet of our organization.
To embark on this adventure, you’ll need to meet the following qualifications:
- A bachelor’s or associate’s degree in Mechanical or Aerospace Engineering from an accredited university or college
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience in 3D modeling of aero-engines and gas turbine components, Siemens NX/Teamcenter environments preferred.
- The ability to effortlessly decipher technical drawings with a deep understanding of ASME Y14.5 Geometric Dimensioning &Tolerancing.
- Proven capacity to meet deadlines, thrive under time constraints, maintain composure, and adeptly juggle multiple tasks with outstanding communication skills, both written and oral, engaging with employees and managers at all levels.
- Strong interpersonal skills and a passion for collaborative teamwork while thriving in a fast-paced, creative environment, enjoying the dynamic synergy of diverse teams.
- US Citizen and an active Secret Clearance or a secret clearance that’s been active within the last 5 years or the ability to obtain one.
- Check, engineer and analyze Product Definition per part family standards and design intent.
- Collaborate with Mechanical Design Engineer(s) to develop jet engine parts like: turbine airfoils, exhaust, nozzles, combustors, diffusers and more.
- Verify accuracy of 3D parametric Siemens NX models and their interrelationships through tolerance and geometric studies. This includes 2D associative drawing definition or Model Based Definition (MBD) as required.
- Participate in reviews as the Product Definition delegate.
- Prepare/Maintain various product related Teamcenter/NXManager data in support of Class I and II Engineering activities.
- Act as mentor/coach and provide training to newer Product Definition practitioners.
Join us in this exhilarating journey where every day is an opportunity to shape the future of aviation. Here, we don’t just work; we create, innovate, and have fun together. If you’re ready to soar to new heights in your career, we can’t wait to meet you!”
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.