Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
Come join the Journey, Come join us!
Looking for your chance to join a growing and engaged engineering team in the aerospace field? Have you been waiting for a chance to apply your engineering know-how to come up with innovative solutions to complex problems? Quest Defense is looking for experienced candidates to join our engineering team in order to continue our growth and to enhance our service offerings. If you like seeking out complex challenges to solve, and using the latest techniques to design new game-changing products, come and be a part of our team.
What you will be doing:
The successful candidate will draw upon their past experience to take ownership of new multi-discipline engineering outsourcing program and grow it via new engagements. Mentorship and a forward thinking approach are important to ensure the team remains the supplier of choice for our customers. You will be the face of Quest to your customers and to the wider industry. Through listening to customer challenges, and building on your previous experiences, you will find creative approaches that will solve their most difficult engineering problems.
Potential Job Functions
- Personnel management of a team of 15-30 indirect and 6-10 direct employees
- Manage and develop a customer-focused program of engineers with a wide range of experience and expertise
- Build and manage customer relationships to ensure workload pipeline is full, develop and execute strategies for team growth
- Follow all Quest policies and procedures to ensure proper employee performance and development (metrics, performance reviews, training plans, etc.)
- Coordinate growth strategy planning and execution with customer specific account management team(s)
- Develop innovative ideas to improve cost on customer products / parts (redesign / process improvements)
- Monitor and improve program health governance structure
- Manage recruitment initiatives with hiring managers on the team, participate in interviews and onboarding
- Support proposal development of new tasks (solution development, cost structure, schedule, and scope)
- Develop internal processes and procedures based on best practices and lessons learned, where applicable
- Collaborate with resource managers internally and externally to staff projects and ensure workload continuity
- Contribute and present in technical and program reviews
- Apply technical principles, theories, and concepts to solve a wide range of challenging engineering problems.
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other tasks as assigned.
The successful candidate is detail-oriented and highly collaborative. There will be a significant amount of interaction with the customer’s teams. Listening to the customer’s issues and offering proactive solutions is critical to building a strong relationship with this new customer.
- 6-10 years of experience in the engineering industry with strong team leadership/relationship management/account management experience.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field
- Personnel and project management experience are required
- Experience managing business of $2 – $4 Million account is desirable
- Strong foundation / experience in engineering services.
- Hands-on experience with solving technical problems and leading cross functional teams (CFT’s).
- Strong leadership, interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Effective in executive management presentations
- Excellent networking and relationship building skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to forge relationships and build trust both within and external to organization
- Demonstrated ability to quickly learn new methods, techniques, and approaches
- Demonstrated communication skills
- Experienced in design requirements of both metallic and composite structures
- Experienced with working on military aircraft/aero-engines and associated standards
- MBA or advanced training in Account Management preferred
- Gas Turbine and Defense industry preferred.
- Secret clearance within the last 5 years preferred.
- Experienced with Design and Analysis of gas turbine components using CAE tools and hand calculations preferred
- Work well in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Are meticulously detail-oriented
- Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
Physical Requirements & Work Environment
- Mostly office environments
- Heavily regulated industries with strict adherence to procedures
- US Citizen required with ability to obtain and maintain a Secret-level US DoD security clearance
- Existing DoD Secret clearance or above is strongly preferred
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.