Quest Defense is an organization at the forefront of innovation and one of the world’s fastest growing engineering services firms with deep domain knowledge and recognized expertise in the top OEMs across seven industries. We are part of a twenty-five-year-old company on a journey to becoming a centenary one, driven by aspiration, hunger and humility.
We are looking for humble geniuses, who believe that engineering has the potential to make the impossible, possible; innovators, who are not only inspired by technology and innovation, but also perpetually driven to design, develop, and test as a trusted partner for Fortune 500 customers.
As a team of remarkably diverse engineers, we recognize that what we are really engineering is a brighter future for us all. If you want to contribute to meaningful work and be part of an organization that truly believes when you win, we all win, and when you fail, we all learn, then we’re eager to hear from you.
The achievers and courageous challenge-crushers we seek have the following characteristics and skills:
Roles & Responsibilities:
• Use computational tools to perform thermal and/or CFD analysis for gas turbine components and turbomachinery
• Geometry and mesh preparation
• Model setup and analysis
• Post-process and prepare high-quality presentations of results
• Document all work according to customer requirements
• Prepare and present reports on findings on formal technical reviews
This position description is not intended to be all-inclusive, and employee will also perform other tasks as assigned.
Required Skills (Technical Competency):
The successful candidate is detail oriented and highly collaborative. There will be a significant amount of interaction with the customer’s teams. Listening to the customer’s issues and offering proactive solutions is critical to building a strong relationship with this new customer.
• 2-4 years’ experience in Engineering Analysis, Aero-Thermal experience is a plus
• BS or higher in Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or equivalent
• Exposure to the Aero Engines is highly preferred
• Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines, work under time constraints, maintain composure and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
• Experience with ANSYS Fluent or CFX
• Experience with Star-CCM+
• Proficiency with MS Office, particularly MS Excel required
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work in a team environment
• Like to work in a fast paced, creative environment
• Enjoy people and dynamic teams with diverse experiences. We have fun together!
• US Citizen required due to nature of work and willingness to get DoD Secret/Collateral clearance
Physical Requirements & Work Environment:
• Mostly Office Environments, Occasional Shop Floor involvement.
• Substantial amounts of telephone and computer work.
• Heavily Regulated Industries with strict adherence to procedures.
• Flexibility to meet business deadlines by staying late or arriving early.
• Typical 8 hour days plus lunch / 40 hour weeks / core (required) hours are 9AM to 4PM
• Ability to use personal transportation to visit customer locations.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Quest Defense provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.